Senior Strategist & Managing Director
Dave Vermillion is a strategic communications professional with over two decades of experience advising organizations across the spectrum of industries during transformative moments. Vermillion specializes in public affairs, issues management, and crisis communications as he helps senior leaders navigate complex regulatory environments, shape public opinion, and influence the behavior of their most important stakeholders. He has led sensitive campaigns for the world’s most admired brands during their defining moments.
Prior to joining Firehouse, Vermillion held senior leadership roles within several global communications consultancies, advising clients on strategies to protect and enhance reputation and brand equity. He served as Executive Vice President and leader of Edelman’s public affairs practice in New York, he was Vice Chairman of Burson-Marsteller’s U.S. public affairs practice, and he was Managing Director of Teneo and Kekst. In each of these roles, Vermillion led diverse, high performing teams in the development and execution of sophisticated, high stakes communications campaigns.
Vermillion’s efforts on behalf of the American Chemistry Council to promote plastic recycling led to landmark environmental legislation in New York City. The campaign was recognized with a Silver Sabre from the Holmes Group for “Best Campaign on Behalf of an Association” in 2008. In 2005, Vermillion played a central role in the landslide reelection campaign of New York City Public Advocate Betsy Gotbaum, the third woman elected to citywide office in New York City history.
Vermillion’s career began in New York City politics and lobbying. He was Senior Vice President of Sheinkopf Ltd., a political and public affairs consultancy based in New York City. At Sheinkopf, he served as a key strategist and creative director on a variety of sensitive communications campaigns including political campaigns in Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Italy, the Dominican Republic and seven U.S. states. He has produced over 150 television and radio commercials.
Vermillion holds a Master’s degree in strategic communications from Columbia University and a Bachelor’s degree in economics from Fairfield University. He is a graduate of Regis High School in Manhattan.
In the News
- Is The Kavanaugh Confirmation Process Galvanizing Republican Voters? Listen As Firehouse Partner Alex Conant Discusses With NPR
- Firehouse/Optimus Swing States September Survey
- Firehouse Partner Alex Conant Discusses Special Elections In Florida And Arizona On House Talk With Ali And Liesl
- Firehouse Partner Alex Conant Discusses Growing Tensions Between President Trump and AG Jeff Sessions on Fox News
- “There Is No Way To Spin Yesterday’s Events As Good”: Firehouse Partner Alex Conant Discusses Cohen/Manafort News And What It Means For Republicans Approaching November’s Midterms With Bloomberg.