Finance & HR Assistant
January 13, 2022
Firehouse Strategies is seeking a full-time Finance & HR Assistant to join our rapidly growing company in Washington, DC.
Firehouse is a full-service public affairs firm focused on delivering targeted persuasion campaigns for corporate clients. Based on lessons learned from decades of political experience, Firehouse successfully executes public affairs campaigns for Fortune 100 companies, prominent trade associations, business coalitions, and nonprofit organizations.
– Perform basic accounting & bookkeeping tasks including processing accounts payable and accounts receivable, invoice preparation, and maintaining the general ledger and financial statements.
– Reconcile credit card accounts daily.
– Assist CFO to reconcile bank accounts monthly.
– Assist CFO to maintain the annual budgets.
– Assist CFO to produce updated financial statements and other reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
– Onboard new staff including all related benefits administration.
– Assist CFO with preparing and processing payroll on a semi-monthly basis.
– Maintain, file, and track vendor and consultant contracts.
– Maintain all HR records.
– Maintain all financial records for recordkeeping and audit purposes.
Skills & Experience Required:
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
– 3+ years of experience in an accounting or financial role.
– Some experience with human resources (payroll, benefits administration, onboarding staff, etc.) is strongly preferred.
– Strong skills with QuickBooks Online and MS Excel.
– Demonstrated critical thinking skills with meticulous attention to detail.
– Ability to work independently while tracking and meeting multiple deadlines on a recurring basis.
If interested and to learn more about the role, please send an email with a copy of your resume to [email protected]