Managing Director, New York
October 14, 2022
Firehouse is seeking a full-time senior-level managing director to join our rapidly growing firm. This position will lead Firehouse’s New York team in bolstering the firm’s statewide growth. Successful candidates for this position have 10+ years of professional experience working in the political or public affairs sectors and excel in a collaborative, fun, and fast-paced environment.
Team Leadership: Lead Firehouse’s New York team in acquiring new business opportunities and overseeing client engagements.
Business Development: Cultivate prospective client lead generations and craft pitches and proposals that convert into new client accounts.
Marketing: Develop and execute marketing strategies, content, and activities that provide prospective clients with an understanding of the value and services offered by Firehouse.
Relations: Leveraging relationships with reporters, producers, key stakeholders, and prospective clients, support and expand the firm’s client servicing and business development networks and capabilities.
Mentoring: Inspire, motivate, and coach team members as they grow in their careers at Firehouse.
– 10+ years of professional experience in a political or public affairs role. Preferably, background working on behalf of political candidates, elected officials, or political party organizations.
– In-depth understanding of the political process and landscape in New York.
– Interest in remaining up-to-speed on relevant policy issues and debates taking shape both in New York and nationwide.
– Proven ability to lead, mentor, and empower team members to succeed.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Superb presentation skills.
– Ability to effectively collaborate with team members.
– Ability to operate Microsoft Office Suite platforms, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
-Salary commensurate with experience.
-Superb health and dental insurance benefits, with Firehouse paying 100% of the Carefirst Gold-tier reference plans offered by the firm.
-Excellent retirement benefits, with Firehouse providing a 401(k)-plan featuring a 3% employer contribution for all employees.
-Employer-sponsored financial planning services, with a dedicated financial planner offered by the firm to all employees.
-Flexible Spending Accounts, offering employees a way to set aside pre-tax pay for qualifying health care expenses, dependent care expenses, and commuting or parking expenses.
-15 days of paid time off vacation per calendar year.
-Monthly stipend for cellular phone usage.
-Monthly firmwide social events.
-A fun and collaborative environment to develop and expand your career.
If interested and to learn more about the role, please send an email with a copy of your resume to [email protected]