Alex Conant is a communications and media expert best-known for his work as the Communications Director for Marco Rubio’s 2016 presidential campaign. A trusted Rubio advisor for over five years, he served as Sen. Rubio’s press secretary in the Senate before leading communications for his presidential bid and serving as a senior advisor on his Senate re-election campaign. As the presidential campaign’s Communications Director, he played a large role in shaping the Rubio campaign’s message and media strategy, and was the campaign’s senior spokesman.
Conant has worked on every national election over the last 15 years, previously serving as Gov. Tim Pawlenty’s Communication Director during his 2012 presidential campaign and as a senior advisor on Sen. Joni Ernst’s successful 2014 Iowa senatorial campaign. Conant also served as the national press secretary for the Republican National Committee during the 2008 presidential campaign and as a White House spokesman during President George W. Bush’s second term.
Conant is a political contributor for CBS News and regularly appears on FOX News, CNN, CNN International, MSNBC and CNBC to discuss politics and communications. He is a sought-after speaker on American politics and public relations: Since Rubio’s presidential campaign ended, he’s traveled to Africa, Australia and Europe for speaking engagements.
He received his bachelor’s and a master’s degree in public affairs from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where he was the editor-in-chief of the student daily, The Badger Herald.
In the News
- Texas and West Virginia Senate Races are Shaping Up to be a Close Call for Republicans Following Recent Controversy in the Immigration Fight. Watch Firehouse Partner Alex Conant Discuss with Fox News’ Dana Perino:
- NEW: Jon Ward Talks with Firehouse Partner Terry Sullivan about State of GOP, Personality Driven Politics, and His Twitter Handle for Yahoo! Podcast, The Long Game
- What’s Going on in the West Virginia Senate Race? Watch Firehouse Partner Alex Conant Discuss on FOX News:
- Why Does the Trump White House Leak so Much? Firehouse Strategies Partner Alex Conant Talks with ABC’s Start Here. Click Here to Listen Now:
- New Firehouse/Optimus Survey Finds Voters Divided on SCOTUS Ruling on Sports Betting