October 6, 2022
Firehouse Strategies is a full-service public affairs firm focused on delivering targeted persuasion campaigns for a wide variety of corporate clients, including Fortune 50 companies, trade associations, coalitions, and nonprofit organizations. With over 30 political and PR experts, Firehouse employs uniquely authentic strategies and asymmetric tactics to achieve clients’ desired outcomes. The team works from the firm’s Washington, D.C. office, where they are in office Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday and remote Monday and Friday.
Firehouse Strategies is seeking a full-time Associate to join our rapidly growing public affairs firm in our Washington, D.C. office.
Associates at Firehouse work on behalf of the firm’s dedicated client engagement teams and assist in providing services ranging from media amplification to targeted issue advocacy for brand-recognized Fortune 50 companies, prominent trade associations, and nonprofit organizations.
This entry-level role provides Associates a hands-on experience in the public affairs arena and the opportunity to engage in a diverse portfolio of issues, sectors, and causes, while working in a fun, collaborative, and fast-paced environment. Candidates for this position should have 1-3 years of professional experience in a writing, political, or media-focused role.
- Team Support:Provide support for the firm’s dedicated client engagement teams, including drafting and compiling meeting notes and presentation materials, producing relevant issue, messaging, and background research, and managing and coordinating team schedules
- Content Generation:Draft internal content, such as client reports, as well as external content, such as public op-eds and blog posts
- Media Monitoring:Closely monitor day to day media activity related to the firm’s client engagements and flag relevant client news and media content in real-time as it lands
- Business Development:Work in coordination with the firm’s business development and dedicated client engagement teams to draft and compile new business proposals and presentation materials
- 1-3 years of professional experience in a writing, political, or media-focused role working on behalf of political candidates, members of Congress, presidential administrations, political party organizations, grassroots advocacy organizations, and/or public affairs firms
- Superb organizational skills and thorough attention to detail
- Strong writing skills and experience drafting external public content, such as op-eds and blog posts, as well as internal communication documents, such as reports and memorandums
- Proven ability to complete assigned tasks on time and manage competing and challenging deadlines
- Ability to adapt and respond with speed to changing scenarios
- Strong research skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite platforms, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as social media platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Superb health and dental insurance benefits, with Firehouse paying 100% of the CareFirst Gold-tier reference plan offered by the firm
- Excellent retirement benefits, with Firehouse providing a 401(k)-plan featuring a 3% employer contribution for all employees
- Employer-sponsored financial planning services, with a dedicated financial planner offered by the firm to all employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts, offering employees a way to set aside pre-tax pay for qualifying health care expenses, dependent care expenses, and commuting or parking expenses
- 15 days of paid time off vacation per calendar year
- Monthly stipend for cellular phone usage
- Monthly firmwide social events
- A fun and collaborative environment to develop and expand your career
If interested and to learn more about the role, please send an email with a copy of your resume to [email protected].