October 27, 2022
Firehouse is seeking a full-time project director to join our rapidly growing public affairs firm. This position is based out of Firehouse’s Washington, D.C. office.
Project directors at Firehouse support the development and execution of targeted media and advocacy campaigns on behalf of client engagements and assist in acquiring new business opportunities for the firm.
Successful candidates for this position have 2-4 years of professional experience working in the political or public affairs sectors and excel in a collaborative, fun, and fast-paced environment.
- Project Management: Working in coordination with the firm’s account servicing teams, achieve quality deliverables for client engagements.
- Media Relations: Leveraging existing relationships with reporters, editors, and producers, successfully pitch media stories, op-eds, and broadcast bookings on behalf of client engagements.
- Content Generation: Draft internal content, such as client reports, as well as external content, such as public op-eds and blog posts on behalf of client engagements.
- Business Development: Support the drafting of proposals and presentation materials that successfully acquire new clients for the firm.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in a political or media-focused role working on behalf of political candidates, members of Congress, presidential administrations, political party organizations, or grassroots advocacy organizations.
- Experience working with members of the media, such as reporters, editors, and broadcast media bookers.
- Superb organizational skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience drafting external public content, such as op-eds and blog posts, as well as internal communication documents, such as memorandums.
- Proven ability to complete assigned tasks on time and manage competing and challenging deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite platforms, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as social media platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Superb health and dental insurance benefits, with Firehouse paying 100% of the Carefirst Gold-tier reference plans offered by the firm.
- Excellent retirement benefits, with Firehouse providing a 401(k)-plan featuring a 3% employer contribution for all employees.
- Employer-sponsored financial planning services, with a dedicated financial planner offered by the firm to all employees.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, offering employees a way to set aside pre-tax pay for qualifying health care expenses, dependent care expenses, and commuting or parking expenses.
- 15 days of paid time off vacation per calendar year.
- Monthly stipend for cellular phone usage.
- Monthly firmwide social events.
- A fun and collaborative environment to develop and expand your career.
If interested and to learn more about the role, please send an email with a copy of your resume to [email protected].