Project Director, Political
December 18, 2023
Firehouse Strategies is a full-service public affairs firm focused on delivering targeted persuasion campaigns for a wide variety of corporate clients, including Fortune 50 companies, trade associations, coalitions, and nonprofit organizations. With over 30 political and PR experts, Firehouse employs uniquely authentic strategies and asymmetric tactics to achieve clients’ desired outcomes.
Project Director, Political
Firehouse Strategies is seeking a full-time Project Director to join our political team. This position will help oversee the firm’s nationwide field network and will play an integral role in leading Firehouse’s grassroots and grasstops advocacy campaigns on behalf of corporate clients.
The successful candidate for this position will have 2-4 years of experience working on behalf of political campaigns, government officials, or political party committees and will excel in a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment. This position will be based out of Firehouse’s Washington, D.C. office, where the firm’s team members work in the office Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and remote Monday and Friday.
- Project Management: Working closely with Firehouse’s client servicing teams, oversee the strategy and execution of advocacy campaigns on behalf of clients
- Political Engagement: Utilize political experience, existing relationships, and the firm’s nationwide field network of political operatives and influencers to build support for clients’ messaging and policy positions
- Budget Management: Set and manage budgets for advocacy campaigns
- Business Development: Help craft new business proposals and pitch presentation materials
- 2-4 years of professional experience working on behalf of political campaigns, government officials, or political party committees
- Superb organizational skills and thorough attention to detail
- Strong writing skills and experience drafting internal communication documents, such as comprehensive reports and memorandums
- Proven ability to complete assigned tasks on time and manage competing and challenging deadlines
- Able to adapt and respond with speed to changing scenarios
- Strong research skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite platforms, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as social media platforms, such as X and Facebook
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Superb health and dental insurance benefits, with Firehouse paying 100% of the Carefirst Gold-tier reference plan offered by the firm
- Excellent retirement benefits, with Firehouse providing a 401(k)-plan featuring a 3% employer contribution for all employees
- Employer-sponsored financial planning services, with a dedicated financial planner offered by the firm to all employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts, offering employees a way to set aside pre-tax pay for qualifying health care expenses, dependent care expenses, and commuting or parking expenses
- 15 days paid time off
- Monthly stipend for cellular phone usage
- Monthly firmwide social events
- A fun and collaborative environment to develop and expand your career
If interested and to learn more about the role, please send an email with a copy of your resume to [email protected].