July 25, 2023
Firehouse Strategies is a full-service public affairs firm focused on delivering targeted persuasion campaigns for a wide variety of corporate clients, including Fortune 50 companies, trade associations, coalitions, and nonprofit organizations. With nearly 30 political and PR experts, Firehouse employs uniquely authentic strategies and asymmetric tactics to achieve clients’ desired outcomes.
Firehouse Strategies is seeking a full-time special assistant to join the firm’s rapidly growing team. This position will assist the firm’s partners with their day-to-day administrative needs. The successful candidate for this role will have prior experience scheduling for executives in the public affairs or consulting space, excel in a collaborative and fun environment, are highly motivated, and demonstrate strategic thinking, planning, and problem-solving skills. This position will be based out of the firm’s Washington, D.C. office.
- Provide administrative support to the firm’s partners, helping to ensure their days are as productive as possible.
- Manage scheduling internal and external meetings for partners.
- Develop strategies and processes for bolstering the efficiency of partners’ schedules.
- Support the firm’s client management and business development activities, preparing agendas, research, and briefing materials for meetings.
- Oversee travel arrangements and itineraries.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a scheduling or operational role.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Strong track record of multitasking and prioritizing assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with team members.
- Understand and value the importance of attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to streamline and improve processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate Office Suite and video conferencing platforms, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Google platforms.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Superb health and dental insurance benefits, with Firehouse paying 100% of the CareFirst Gold-tier reference plan offered by the firm.
- Excellent retirement benefits, with Firehouse providing a 401(k)-plan featuring a 3% employer contribution for all employees.
- Employer-sponsored financial planning services, with a dedicated financial planner offered by the firm to all employees.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, offering employees a way to set aside pre-tax pay for qualifying health care expenses, dependent care expenses, and commuting or parking expenses.
- 15 days paid time off.
- Monthly stipend for cellular phone usage.
- Monthly firmwide social events.
- A fun and collaborative environment to develop and expand your career.
If interested and to learn more about the role, please send an email with a copy of your resume to [email protected].